I love celebrating my children’s birthdays, but hosting a party can be quite overwhelming, not to mention expensive.
five children, plus extended family and my kids’ friends, it’s not
always practical to host parties in our home. Being a frugal mom, I
don’t want to spend a lot of money on party venues, but I do enjoy the
benefits of hosting a party elsewhere.
A party hosted at a venue usually means less planning and preparation for you and you don’t face massive cleanup.
Many places provide ready-made entertainment, relieving you of the burden of providing activities, overseeing games yourself, or finding someone to help entertain. Many provide party favors as well. You only have to show up with a cake, drinks, and candles.
One tip: When hosting a party where it may be crowded, buy brightly colored birthday T-shirts as a party favor. Hand them out to the kids to wear when they arrive so they stand out from the crowd.
Here are 15 inexpensive venues where you can host your child’s next birthday party.
1. Fast-food restaurant with a play space
2. Playground or park
4. Indoor play space or gym
5. Bowling alley
6. Movie theater
7. Ice or roller-skating rink
8. Zoo or petting farm
9. Swimming pool, YMCA, health club, or hotel that rents
out its pool
10. Art spaces, like a ceramics studio where you can paint your own pottery
11. Fire station
12. Miniature golf course
13. Children’s theater
14. Children’s or science museum, aquarium, planetarium
15. Factory Tour—from chocolate to crayons, kids can find out how their favorite stuff is made